Tabletop more your style?
I started tabletop gaming during Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 edition. My favorite is Vampire the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition (using house rulings, of course); however, I also love FATE Core and a little game called Dread.
I’m interested in playing Exalted 3rd edition, and have run a short rules-light session to introduce people to the game system at MAGFest 2020 and at Dreamation 2020.
I am also making experimental and freeform games, both interactive fiction online (using Twine) and via pen and paper/tabletop formats. You can see the Experimental Games page here, now with the game mod Mammon Machine!
As of 2020, I have contributed writing to the following tabletop books/lines:
- Night Horrors: the Tormented (for Promethean 2nd edition: published by Onyx Path);
- Legendlore (published by Onyx Path); COMING SOON. Manuscript preview available via DriveThruRPG.
- Dystopia Rising: Evolution (published by Onyx Path);
- Helnau’s Guide to Wasteland Beasties (Dystopia Rising: Evolution, published by Onyx Path):
- Snowhaven 2nd edition (published by High Level Games)
and more, such as working with High Level Games for edits, Chaosium for edits, and more. I have also worked with Nisaba Press (upcoming short story).
Thinking about more PC or console gaming?
So am I! As of 9/2016 I am Editor-in-Chief of Haywire Magazine. I’ve written about games for other venues too, in the past, and have been published in:
- Paste Magazine (for example, “Making the Table Bigger“)
- Playboy (online version);
- Offworld (now ended);
- Sufficiently Human (“Journey as Buddhist Allegory“)
I’ve also spoken on games in terms of inclusivity, and am currently working within Twine and RPGMaker. My Twine essays and games are available at itch.io.
The game I am currently working on is Die Nachtblume – the Night Flower.