Tabletop more your style?
I started tabletop gaming during Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 edition. My favorite is Vampire the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition (using house rulings, of course); however, I also love FATE Core and a little game called Dread.
I’m interested in playing Exalted 3rd edition, and just recently ran a short rules-light session to introduce people to the game system at MAGFest 2020.
I am also making experimental and freeform games, both interactive fiction online (using Twine) and via pen and paper/tabletop formats. You can see the Experimental Games page here, now with the game mod Mammon Machine!
As of 2020, I have contributed to the following tabletop books/lines:
- Night Horrors: the Tormented (for Promethean 2nd edition: published by Onyx Path);
- Legendlore (published by Onyx Path); COMING SOON
- Dystopia Rising: Evolution (published by Onyx Path): COMING SOON
- Helnau’s Guide to Wasteland Beasties (Dystopia Rising: Evolution, published by Onyx Path): COMING SOON
and more, such as working with High Level Games for edits or writing as needed. I have also worked with Nisaba Press (upcoming short story).
Thinking about more PC or console gaming?
So am I! As of 9/2016 I am Editor-in-Chief of Haywire Magazine. I’ve written about games for other venues too, in the past, and have been published in:
- Paste Magazine (for example, “Making the Table Bigger“)
- Playboy (online version);
- Offworld (now ended);
- Sufficiently Human (“Journey as Buddhist Allegory“)
I’ve also spoken on games in terms of inclusivity, and am currently working within Twine and RPGMaker.
The game I am currently working on is Die Nachtblume – the Night Flower.