Inspired by Benjy Stanton’s User Manual for Me, this is a user manual for myself (Kit)!
As a reminder, I am an accessibility specialist with over 5 years of experience. I am interested in wider UX and UX design for voice, IoT, mobile, and more, and how all of these forms of media can be made accessible yet inclusive of safety, privacy, and good design. I am interested in the Internet, culture, and society.
How I Like To Work:
- I like to work in inclusive, open environments and for inclusive organizations.
- I am an afternoon/evening person! If left to my own devices, I would prefer to tilt my schedule later in the day.
- You’ll get the best answers from me if I have time to prepare and time to respond.
- I thrive when there are multiple channels of communication (Slack/Teams/instant messaging, email, web conference).
What I Love:
- User-centered design
- Inclusion and practiced empathy; i.e., doing and practicing inclusion on an everyday basis
- Coffee and tea
- Tabletop roleplaying games and speculative fiction!